OMG, that music with that unchanging image is enough to make someone a bit loopy. It was funny at first and then just creeped me out! I couldn't make it to the end. The BBC is a strange beast. I thought CBC's (Canadian Broadcasting Company) "Hinterland's Who's Who" (an interlude type thing that had odd music and told you about a particular duck or moose) was odd, but this trumps the wooded 5 minute break, for sure.
Oh I agree: the music is creepy and the windmill. What's weirder for me is that that same windmill is no more than 8 miles from where I live. Of course the film was made in the late 1940s/early 50s so I've never seen the mill in action myself. Wish you could still watch the other clip. That's even creepier in my book. Go take a look on YouTube if you've a mind ;0)
Laughed and laughed - must look at some more of these. August is quiet all round it seems. Good thing too I think. We all need to be away for a while. See you back here in the autumn.
6 comments:
OMG, that music with that unchanging image is enough to make someone a bit loopy. It was funny at first and then just creeped me out! I couldn't make it to the end. The BBC is a strange beast. I thought CBC's (Canadian Broadcasting Company) "Hinterland's Who's Who" (an interlude type thing that had odd music and told you about a particular duck or moose) was odd, but this trumps the wooded 5 minute break, for sure.
Uh, oh, I think I wrote CBS and not CBC. Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, that's what we have here. Darn Fibrofog.
Oh I agree: the music is creepy and the windmill. What's weirder for me is that that same windmill is no more than 8 miles from where I live. Of course the film was made in the late 1940s/early 50s so I've never seen the mill in action myself. Wish you could still watch the other clip. That's even creepier in my book. Go take a look on YouTube if you've a mind ;0)
Laughed and laughed - must look at some more of these. August is quiet all round it seems. Good thing too I think. We all need to be away for a while. See you back here in the autumn.
Hey Cuspilein, how's September treating you? Better than usual, I hope. If not, give it a bash from me.
Thanks for email - my comment has been lost in space :)
Post a Comment