At the beginning of the year, Kirrily Anderson, curator and organiser of the 'Creative for a Second' project approached me to see if I would like to be part of her second project.
The project is about and for creativity and people with M.E. Kirrily lives in Australia and this 2010 project consists of journals being sent to participants all over the world. They can write, draw paint, include photographs...put whatever they like in the journal for the two weeks it stays with them. At the end of that period the journal must be sent on to the next participant and finally back to Kirrily so that she can collate the work for an exhibition.
So far there are 6 journals and, I think, about 60 participants. There is a Facebook so we can share what we have been creating and the range of work is amazing.
Last week the journal, which is about 5.5" x 5", dropped onto my mat. It was my turn.
So far , I have been creating a little photographic triptych called 'Dead Rabbit'. The images are photos, layered on top of each other, mounted on card and then stitched...some with rabbit fur.
9 comments:
Fine and powerful work, Cusp.
love it love it love it !!!!!
Wish I had been in a better state of mind a few months ago ... I would have put myself on the list of artists for this project .... looks like great fun :-)
Very challenging and evocative! Well done, I love it!
Thank you both !
Actually Lee Lee, I'm not sure but I think it may still be possible to join in. I'll send you Kirrily's email and you can ask :O)
powerful!
I agree that this is a powerful and thought provoking piece. Very creative.
I love thess images, Cusp, they shock me in a good way. I also like that they are so different from your sock monkeys - you are a true artist!
Thanks Nasim. SO lovely to see you over here :O)
the dead rabbit pieces quite helpful expressive and evokes, yes, releases some frustration. and I feel empathy for it and myself, my foole lonely self-pity for my broken foot. A visual medicine. So much is relative.
Post a Comment