Well, It's beginning to feel like the storm may be ending. I'm feeling a bit more like myself and I have a new dose of herbal tinctures on their way to promote robust health, vim and vigour (ha, bloody ha).
The scabby chicken is growing back her feathers and the dog, who nearly popped his clogs earlier in the week, is sitting up and taking notice of a lightly boiled egg thanks to medical intervention and over £300 of veterinary fees. The Credit Card company are still bastards and I'm still very muddly but shall never make the petrol/diesel mistake again (hopefully) now that I have taped a huge yellow sticker inside the fuel cap which says (DIESEL NUMPTY !) in big black letters. The insurance company are also still bastards and trying and trying to get me to see some other trick-cyclist but I am not being persuaded to don any trick-cycling-clips for the time being so they can go and rot until I have prepared another diversionary tactic.
NOW, dear Reader, despite the upties and downties of the past few weeks your very own Cusp hath not been idle for I have been busy with needle and thread and sock and crafting more Sockee Monkee. One of them was before Xmas and commissioned by a glamorous young woman in the most select environs of the Scottish capital.

This Sockee monkee is an alien monkee who has beamed down from another sphere. His name is Splod and he comes in peace and is in need of succour and shelter until he can return whence he came.


As he has found a home with two delightful children near Scotland he shall no doubt be introducing his fellow aliens to haggis and a wee dram in the future (it'll be a long, long, long time in Earth years since one Splod year equals one Earth century so the dear children will have him to stay for as long as they want....or longer if Splod likes them: you do all know that Sockee Monkee never know when to leave or shut up, don't you? Honestly, you could put on your 'jamas, switch off all the lights and be half way up the stairs to bed before some Sockee Monkee would even notice you were gone, as they natterchattered away)
More recently another child who lives mid way between here and there was heard to cry
'...and what about me.....Where's my Sockee Monkee ?'
and so, after the Festivities, out I went straightway, hotfoot back into the shed to create another little Sockee chum to join the throng.
His name is Sabian and he's a Skater Dude

--'grind those rails, bro....'


In truth he's a little wayward but basically he's a good kid and needs someone to show him the right way. I knew just the fellow and his Mum. They are very, very nice people and know how to make very nice jam so I feel quite sure that Sabian's new housemates will provide the sort of stability and conserves that he needs and that they'll all complement each other wonderfully.

If you meet these good people, please don't tell them about Sabian's midnight forays into the fruit bowl, will you? When he was here we came down one morning to find banana skins all over the kitchen floor and wheelie marks on the lino. I had to make him promsie he'd never do that again before I sent him off to his new home.
(If there are any spelling misatkes here please forgive me. My brain is still Numpty and Bloggers spellchecker will not work ~~~ that's my excuse anyway ;-))
10 comments:
How lovely to see Splod here! As you know, my nephew was absolutely delighted with him, and he was much admired by toute la famille. I just hope he (Splod) has not lost his boots,I had thought of sewing them on, my nephew enjoyed 'wheeking' them off, but I didn't get round to it, he was packed and away before I had a chance. And thank you, lovely Cusp, for describing me as a glamourous young woman! Am glad chicken & dog are doing well.. x
Ah you've blown your cover my dear. I didn't want to say exactly who Splod had gone to in case you wanted to be incognito. I also imagined you'd love to swoon about Edinburgh in a cloak of mystery ;-))
I'm sure Splod will have his boots with him. Of course you won't always be able to see them because their very structure is governed by the space-time continuum i.e. every second Thursday, when place a chair leg, they become invisible to the human earthly eye. You couldn't have sewn them on anyway because they are made of special intergallatic fabric: woven stardust bonded with comet juice. No earthly needle can touch it (surely you didn't think I made the boots ?! or Splod ? He just apppeared one day and asked me if I knew anyone who could give him a decent home)
Sabian has been dying to get to the skatepark, but says he will be posting soon. He is currently practising his grinding on my son's skateboard. We feel we can't point out it's way too big for him, as he seems so determined to master it. Well sick. His dude status has not prevented him snuggling up for TV or bedtime though. When I told him about my jam escapades, he said... Sweet. Yes, it is. Daren't give him any - afraid he'll do a 900 off a vertical.
Splod and Sabian look like two fabulous additions to the growing sockee monkee community. Poesie says Hallo.
Good to know you're feeling a bit better. Me too, compared to a few months ago. A bit.
Oh my, Splod Alien Sockee Monkee is out of this world! ;)
Gee it sounds like you've been having a bad time of it of late what with the dog and the chicken and the insurance, glad to hear that the dog and chicken are okay though.
Take care
hugs
xo
Hi Seahorse. No don't give him too much jam. He'll go all 'sugar-high' on you and anyway, since he's a terribly messy eater some jam is bound to find its way onto the board's wheels.
Dear Signs....well hello to Poesie too. Has she finished her critical essay on the works of Pope yet ? Has she started her long awaited translation of his works into Hebrew ? So much work for one small monkey --- even one blessed with such esteemed intellect by her peers. Yes a little better here but I do wish the other sorts of (demon) monkeys would get off my back and let me live in peace.
Azirca....yep...it's looking up and the crocuses and snowdrops are showing their faces so Spring is round the corner ;-)
Shirley had been sitting on my lap but I am afraid Splod sent her scrambling away to hide.
I think she would like Sabian so I am trying to tempt her back out with cockles.
x.
As soon as I read about the glamourous young woman in Edinburgh, I immediately thought ... NMJ! Who else?
Cusp, you are a very talented lady.
Oh Splod is gorgeous! N3S is tkaing pickles with him to the Dr's today. They sleep together every night and are firm friends!
I'm so glad Pickles has settled in so well. He's vey good at going to the Dr.'s. He likes watching all the other people and he likes getting a treat afterwards for being brave ;-)
Post a Comment