Friday, May 16, 2008

Frida Boccara: Cent Mille Chansons

I've just discovered this french singer who I never knew about before. Sadly she died aged 56 in 1996 but I just love her voice. I love this song too: an adaption of an aria form Bach's Matthews Passion. It was adapated for a film in 1962.

Just wanted to share it with you. I think it's sublime but then I adore Bach and love french singers.

8 comments:

Kahless said...

Not my cup of tea but I can see why you love this.

seahorse said...

I love it!!!! Have had to restrain myself from asking for a list of French singers.

Cusp said...

Ah Kahless -- well horses for courses

Seahorse --- I can't stop playing it. Got the CD now too ;-))

Philip. said...

A lovely song. Never heard of her before though.

Cusp said...

Hi Philip. Good to see you here. Yes she was new to me too --- and I know quite a lot of the 60s french singers. She and Dusty Springfield seem to have shared several tracks.

Frida sang another beautiful song for Eurovision in the 60s: no comparison to the rubbish they have now.

LaLola said...

Please, what was the film's title? I have the song, but I'm looking for the picture.

Many thanks,

LaLola said...

Please, what was the film's title? I have the song, but I'm looking for the picture.

Many thanks,

Cusp said...

Hi LaLola. The film was 'Le repos du guerrier' with Brigitte Bardot --- a Roger Vadim film

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056404/