Well Mohammed has been to the mountain and returned from whence he came. Two and a half hours of going through every tiny detail of my life from when I was 3.....50 odd years; scraping about under my carapace until I feel like a crab shell in the dustbin of seafood store. Hope he got what he wanted and, no doubt, though he was a very nice fellow he will now go back and write what he would have written even if he'd never met me face to face i.e. that if I just have the right sort of CBT and the right sort of GET then I can be reinvigorated ready to resume my career and pay my own bloody pension premiums. We shall see. Thankfully there are some trick-cyclists who recognise that M.E. is not a psychiatric disorder, or depression or all about fatigue and I thank Dr Speedy and good old Nasim for pointing me in the direction of this psychiatric sage. Trouble is she (the sage trickie) is in Canada and that's a bl**dy long way for someone with M.E. who finds it mega hard to even get to Ipswich U.K. Never mind. All part Of life's rich tapestry....cliche, cliche, cliche.............

On a much lighter and more positive note I would also direct your esteemed attention to a very uplifting project. The lovely Kirrily Anderson in (I think,) Australia has brought together a whole bunch of creative types who also happen to have M.E. and gathered their work into a very well-produced online magazine/book. Take a look at Creativeforasecond and you can download a free copy for browsing or buy a hard copy. Great positive stuff and more of what we PWME need.
8 comments:
Welcome back from the mountain, Mohammedchen. I hope you felt the presence of your blogpals as an army of angels at your back - even if some of them had slightly toppled or are missing a feather or two.
It's the magic bullet approach, isn't it - the idea that if only one finds the right bullet everything will be sorted.
We'll move to Canada then, shall we?
Heh Signs. Well yes I did feel the prescence of good hearted support. Ireally did and it really did help because, even though I tried not to feel a tad jumpy about the meeting, the slight feling of persecution was never far from the surface so the angels helped.
Canada ? mmmmmm......been there, lovely place, lovely people, lovely scenery, lovely art...not sure if I want to move though...lonnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg way ;0(
* There's quite an amusing tale about moving to Canada in this book actually:
A year on planet Alzheimer, and a little longer in Canada
Author: Steele, Carolyn
I've had to do that kind of "interview" for insurance purposes and I know that picked apart and persecuted feeling. I also know that feeling of helplessness when you give it your all and try really hard to be clear, all the while wondering if the doctor would write anything different had you been in there to tell your story or not. Well. It's done (I've no doubt you did an excellent job)and I hope you get the results back quickly from your insurer. Here's a Canuck Angel hoping for positive news for you.
Thanks for the link, it looks like a well produced and beautiful book. Very inspiring!
Hey cusp, well done on getting through it without either dissolving into a blubbering mass or committing murder. How long will you be kept waiting for "the decision"?
Thanks for posting those links too - both are excellent reading.
Warmly,Amanda
Keep up the good fight Cusp.
{{{{Cusp}}}}
I have my fingers crossed for you Cusp.
Hope you receive good news.
Thanks for all your positive thoughts. I'm not sure how long it will take before I hear from the Insurance Company. the last time I went throught his -- with my 'Critical illness' insurers it took about 3 weesk I seem to remember. In any case I'm juts pleased it's over and I can think about other stuff.
Let's hope the psychiatrist found it educational and considers what you said fully and professionally and not just with the interests of the people who pay him.
Ah well. You never know.
Maintaining hope is very important. Great post by the way :o)
Post a Comment