Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Blog of Integrity Award

Not many new words up here of late. Still sorting through and sorting out after last week --- the sorting is going through the spaces in my head and in the spaces of where I live.

In the meantime I have continued to peruse and comment upon other people's blogs and there's some really interesting stuff about at the moment. Seahorse has a really interesting post about how important music is in our lives. Michelle and Donimo both have posts about continuing to try even when you feel like giving up. Dear Signs appears to be obsessed with her birthday and food at the moment ;0) --- if it isn't delectable gluten free orange cake, it's salty liquorice ! and Rachel , Nasim, Amanda and Azirca, show PWME how to be persistent and dogged, cling to their creativity and embrace those opportunities that present themselves. Kahless, as ever, presents all her struggles with amazing honesty. Never have I known someone as able in telling about life as it really can be, in all its messiness, and yet still stand proud and have so much respect from other people because of such naked honesty and truth.

Now to me there's a real common thread to all these blogs and their creators because as well as being creative, informative and interesting they have all demonstrated real integrity. They all deal with their lives and their various difficulties with honesty and a kind of sound dependability...SO I have created a new Blog Award: The Blog of Integrity. There have been doubts about whether this should be called the Blog with Integrity and I expect Nasim and Signs coudld put me right about that, but, in the meantime, just know that the award is made in a spirit of real appreciation to all the above .

13 comments:

Reading the Signs said...

Well I reckon it must be right - after all one refers to "people of integrity" innit?

Thanks for the award, Cusp of integrity (hang on, that doesn't sound right, it's as though you haven't quite made it into the inner circle, but damnation, that's not what I mean as I know you know). Thing is, am I going to have the chutzpah to put the award on my sidebar or am I going to give in to lily-livered shyness in case it makes me look as though I'm bragging about myself? Hmm. What's Kahless going to do? Can't have her displaying more awards than me (when I last checked we were neck and neck). I must have some cake - and a liquorice.

Kahless said...

Wow.
Thank-you so much, most of all for those really nice words that you wrote about my blog. Thank-you. I will wear the integrity badge on my blog with pride.

In fact I am also going to give myself an award tonight as I am nearing 24hours nicotine free. I have gone cold turkey!! I am smoke free! (And climbing the wall lol)

{{{hugs}}}

Anonymous said...

Thanks Cusp! How lovely not least that you get something out of looking at my blog :o)

I am honoured indeed.

nmj said...

thanks for this, cusp, i am trying to rest & stay away from laptop just now, without very much success...x

Kahless said...

Oh Signs,
I still have a couple of awards I havent put up yet...
Must do that right now and have a count
;-)

Cusp said...

Well Signs, of course you must put up the award --- brag or not -- if you can tear yourself away from the goodies ;0)

Kahless you deserve it for all the hard work and honesty you show ---and now, to cap it all, you're off the fags dear. Great stuff.

Rachel --- wel of course I /we get something out of reading your blog: pleasure, creativity, information, support. Pleasure

Oh dear Nasim. I'd forgotten you were on a retreat. Still, I hope it was worth the effort of emerging from your lair for just a short while. Creep back in now and rest with a warm glow of pride.

D Phoenix said...

Thanks so much, I'm really touched by this. It's a fine day to read your words and get this award. I've been really struggling with my status as intermittent blogger with my Body of Work blog. There's so much in my head and with my extreme fogginess and also the pain of sitting at the computer, I really have a tough time getting many posts done. I do more of the humour posts at Chronic Holiday, but, though those are important to me, they don't reveal the deeper reality of living as I do. All this to say that it means a lot to me that, though I don't post often, I've reached you and you feel that my posts have integrity and mean something to you.

Thanks for this! And back at you.

Amanda said...

Oh thank-you cusp! What a lovely surprise and lift for my spirits! It is bad timing, but I haven't given up yet. It means a lot to me to know that my cyber-friends are thinking of me and sending me their support. I have to admit that integrity is the quality I rate most highly too, so it's really special.

azirca said...

Thank you so so much for this award Cusp, I am truly honoured and very grateful, thank you.
xo

Cusp said...

Donimo dear --- well I love both your blogs: the serious and the comical and we all have to keep a hold on both aspects cos that's what gives life zest. All the ducking and diving, dodging and weaving seems to be part of trying to maintain a life, an individuality, a sense of self depite all the obstacles and you certainly have reached me on both levels. What I appreciate in your work, and that of the others who I awarded, is that you all hang on for dear life to a sense of self and manage to continue to communicate honestly and with integrity no matter how hard it is.

When it IS too hard I think we need to remember that we can all only do our best and that's enough. That's why I have a 'Blogging Without Obligation' image in my sidebar --- to remind myself , as much as anyone else, that I don't HAVE to blog when I don't feel up to it.

Amanda and Azirca....well the above applies to you two too, of course. I'm glad that many of you seem to have received the award just when you needed that kind of fillip and a reminder of your achievements.

Love to all x

seahorse said...

I am late because I thought "Oh how lovely" then promptly forgot to come over here and accept it! Oh dear oh dear. The week I'm filling in secondary school forms was bound to be a challenge though.

I am chuffed to be in such esteemed company. It reminds me to try and visit other people when I'm not writing much myself!

Thank you cusp - I'm very touched. Now if I can just work out how to do the sidebar thing. Sometimes I know what to do, sometimes I don't. Will give it a whirl xx

Reading the Signs said...

Cusp, thanks again for this - haven't put it up yet because of forgetting due to total fatigue after bashing out blog post - laters x

Reading the Signs said...

ok, Cusp - report to my place please, quick march, left right, left right -