Sunday, October 19, 2008

DREADFUL SONGS: Number One:Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep Middle of the Road 1971

Listening to the radio this morning, I heard a song I hadn't heard for years and thought how absolutely frightful it was.

It wasn't this one (I'll save that for another day) but it has set me on a journey of trying to discover all my least favourite (AKA dreadful) songs.

I love to share --- so here is the first song in my selection for your delectation and delight.

These gems are presented for you at random and not in any particular order of de-merit.

5 comments:

Kahless said...

I remember this song though I was only 3 at the time!!!!

I really like it!!!

Great idea for posts.

I have an 80s classic for you..
Irritates the hell out of me...
here

Thanks for your last comment on my blog. It was a wonderful comment which I take on board. Thanks. x.

Cusp said...

Yeeeeees.... Thank you for that dear...an 80s classic heh ? I'd forgotten that one ....well I tried to.

Not sure whether to take this 'gift' with stoic gratitude or come over to yours and play
The Power of Love' through your letter box VERY VERY LOUDLY at 6 a.m. !!!!!
;o) x

nmj said...

Takes me right back to my childhood, I was six! I remember my mum had 'The Best of the Middle of the Road' on cassette...

Amanda said...

Now cusp, I have to take issue with your judgement on this. It was one of the first pop songs I got into - it was my favourite as a 9 year old!!! I think it was the "chick" (as in baby chickens) reference that did it! Listen again with the ears of a 9 year old and you'll see what I mean...

Cusp said...

Amanda I'm shocked....neh appalled...I WILL try to relisten with the ears of a nine year old but God knows my ife was scarred enough by this ditty. I was 15at te time so I 'heard it' a lttle differently ;0)