Thursday, October 09, 2008

Money: my least favourite subject

Originally this was going to be a much longer post about MONEY, being something we all need but which is the root of all evil.

Originally this was going to be about how the consumption and greed and ideology of the Thatcher Years and the Thatcher Generation has come home to roost ....... how
'I want it and I want it now'
just doesn't work....

Originally this was going to be a post about how we had some savings in two different banks who have both now been taken over or gone bust. Whatever made us think of depositing akkers with a bank based in a country more used to dealing with cod ?!

Originally this was going to be a post about how the rich STILL stay rich or get richer and the poor are kept in their place

but then YouTube threw a wobbly and I have had to make it brief.

So here's to us all...the little people, who work and toil, scrimp and save and try to get by. As I see it (and remember I am a child of the 60s) people and caring and nurturing will never be seen as more important than money


Originally the video above was going to be tied in with these words but YouTube and Blogger just won't play nicely this morning so watch the video and listen to the words, remove the irony from the Flying Lizards' 1979, postmodern, deconstructionist presentation and you'll pick up the ring of cash registers, the hollers of the traders, the weeping of the small investor and the shrill and hollow laughter of all the 'men at the top' who have managed to build a nice fat raft of gold whilst the rest of us try to hang onto a stray banknote as it floats past on a stormy sea.

4 comments:

Kahless said...

I hope you are filling out claim forms.

Cusp said...

Well I surely will be when any forms or news arrives. At the moment there's an eery silence.

Maggie said...

Good luck!

There's lots of info on the forums at Martin Lewis' website moneysavingexpert.com

You will be OK in the long run, just might be a few months (think I've seen 3 as quoted?).

Hugs from Liverpool

Fire Bird said...

Only one possible fate for rafts of gold...