Friday, October 24, 2008

DREADFUL SONG No. 2: Black Lace - Agadoo

Well, feeling a bit lonely over here.

Where have you all gone ;0(

Perhaps I've scared everyone away with my 'torture music'

Anyways, we're off on hols for a short break now so I thought I'd leave you with No.2 in my series of Dreadful Songs. It's 'Agadoo', you lucky folk -- the stalwart of all dreadful parties, cheap holidays and a towsled remnant of the 80s: all that lovely spikey gelled hair and leather trousers. It looked naff then and it looks naff now. Personally I've never heard this ditty all the way through because as soon as it begins I'm off --- to the loo, to another channel, to Venezuela --- anywhere that's not in listening distance but you may enjoy it ....or not.

See you all soon

6 comments:

D Phoenix said...

That sh*t is bananas! Thanks for the larf. Were they for real??? What's naff? Did they have air play? Must I wait till you return to find out these important things?

You'll not easily chase me away ;)

Kahless said...

Have a great half-term but dont have so great a time that you dont come back!

xx.

Cusp said...

Well, Donimo, I was just about to drag my case through the open door and slam it behind me but since it's you I'll just hang about a little longer to answer your pressing quetsions.

Well, my own little Maple Leafer, 'That sh*t' as you put it so delicately, is a central feature of 1980s British popular culture, I'll have you know. It may be sh*t (and it IS) but it is British sh*t and for that some of us are proud...no necessarily me
;0)

'Naff' is anything desperately uncool and tacky

Did they have air play ?
DIDTHEY HAVEAIRPLAY ??????
You bet your sweet bippy they did: on and on and on and on and on. It was never off the radio (unfortunately) and every now and then one can still hear this sweet song drifting through the air...like a bad smell.

Right....must be off...meter's running x

Reading the Signs said...

Agadoo! Oh Cusp, you are awful - (but I like you).

I've been down in Sicksville - it's rubbish.

Hope you have a lovely break.
x

seahorse said...

Hi cusp, it's a bit quiet generally around blogs. Agadoo, what a classic.

Every school disco, every wedding reception for years, every Top of the Pops retrospective, and thankfully no more. Until you resurrected it. I didn't click on it as I was too scared of the resulting earworm :-)

D Phoenix said...

You are so dedicated to my education! There's hope for me understanding all of what Vicky Pollard says.

"This sh*t is bananas" is a quote from a modern insipid, drive you nuts it's everywhere song: "Hollaback Girl" by Gwen Stefani. Just as irritating and just as likely to get stuck in your head.

I'm sure there is a lot of Pure Canadian Crap that ranks with Agadoo. Just look up "Gowan-Strange Animal" on Youtube. Agadoo is quite something though. Poor things, having to listen to that!