
Another long time no post. My apologies. It is a very busy time at Cusp Villas and there is so much to do .For almost a year now we have been planning to either move house or extend our existing dwelling. This is mainly so that the house is easier in terms of access for our son.
In the end we decided to extend the house and the builders have moved in with avengence. This morning at 7.15 we had four builders, two electricians, three plumbers, a building inspector and our architect on site. I shall hereafter refer to Cusp Villa as The Site since that is what it now resembles --- a building site -----well it would because that it is what it is.
So far the builders have uprooted two very large bushes, a privet hedge, taken all the windows and doors form our utility, downstairs loo and boot room and as I write there is the merry clatter of pneumatic drill on concrete flat roof. All the ornaments on a shelf in one of the bedrooms have ended up on the floor from the vibrations.
Oh happy day !!!
The son is delighted at all the diggers, trucks etc. The daughter is slightly unnerved because she likes things to be in their place and nothing is at the moment. The partner and I are kind of resolved and adopting a Churchillian bulldog spirit, stiff upper lips, gritted teeth, strong corsetry and gallons of strong tea. I imagine this is a bit like it felt in wartime circa 1940. Think we'll have Woolton Pie for supper tonight and powdered eggs for breakfast.
The dog is having what the french refer to as a 'crise de nerfs' --- kind of nervous collapse. He has been sick three times and cannot understand why everything has been moved including his bowls and bed. Poor old boy. I fear the RSPCA may be round to nab us for cruelty to elderly pooches.
Right time to sign off. I shall report when the sirens are silent and it's time to come out of the bunker.
Toodle Pip !!!
14 comments:
Keep calm and carry on . . .
Better still, rent a copy of 'In Which We Serve' and pretend you are Noel Coward. Stiff upper lips all round.
Yes dear. We shall be tewibbly, tewibbly bwave
ok, I know you are going to be brave and of course you'll get through and then it will have all been worth while, but meanwhile: bloody nightmare, m'dear, it must be. Empathy flying your way. Woolton pie, though, sounds just the ticket for a newly-constructed vegetarian, and not dissimilar to something you might find in the Cranks (old version) cook book.
How nice to hear from you again.
I can't imagine undergoing a big remodeling AND coping with ME/CFS. You are a brave woman!
Good luck -
Sue
Hang in there Cusp!
Would you like some plaster dust in your tea?
eeek! I don't envy you ... renovations are exhausting at the best of times, satisfying in the end though :)
Signsie. Yes dear bloody nightmare indeed --- for the time being. No hot water this morning and a man on what's left of the utility roof with a pneumatic drill again. Dust in all directions. Even Tesco seemd prefrable to home so I high-tailed it there.
Sue: you don't want to imagine (!!!) but it had to be done. My son's mobility made it inevitable and we'll all be better off in the end
Rachel: You mean I have a choice ??? Not here m'dear. We might as well put a dish of dust on the table as a condiment
Lee Lee: Good to see you over here. Eek indeed ! Infact Double Eek ;O)
yikes, "no pain, no gain" comes to mind... hope it goes smoothly as poss and on schedule/budget. The chaos and noise sound very stressful for all, not just the poor mutt.
That pie sounds nice - trying not to think of crumbly pastry which i cannot eat... i can smell it, damn you!
Hi Ashy. Yep that's about the size of it. There are times when I just have to get out of the house no matter what...like th is morining when I had to take a load of things off shelves because the vibrations from the drill were making the ornamnets move towards the edge.
Sorry about the pie ;O(
Why IS it impossible to make nice crumbly GF pastry ????
Answers on a postcard...
Yikes-remodeling sounds stressful. I hope it goes smoothly and quickly!
I do love your sense of humour...thanks for the giggle.
I hope that you are all (pooch included) wearing hard hats.
Just try to think ahead of the end result rather than the current state of chaos that surrounds you right now.
Good luck with the changes!
God it sounds awful! We are contemplating some "renovations" of our own in the next 12 months, so I'll watch anxiously from over here and hope it goes smoothly, if noisily. Is the pie compulsory? Sounds like the last straw to me!
I have nominated you for a Happiness Award because I appreciate all of the help and advice that you have given me.
Post a Comment