Chris over at SickandTired has very kindly nominated me for a Happiness Award.Thank you Chris. How very, very kind and cheering---- especially considering what a grumpy old cove I can be in RL ;O)
Nothing to do with having M.E. I'm just middle aged and grumpy sometimes.
Anyroadup, apparently the rules of the Award are so:
- When you have received this award you must thank the person that awarded you this in the new post.
- Name 10 things that make you happy.
- Pass this award onto other bloggers and inform the winners
So here goes:
1. Kissing my children goodnight on their lovely little heads. Even though they are now 15 and 11 they are still my babies to me...so I often have to sneak in after they are asleep and do it then
2.Talking daft to the dog in a language only he and I understand
3. Being anywhere by the sea: the sounds, sight and smell of the ocean
4. Watching french films from the 60s
5. Taking a good photograph
6. Making a lovely cake or a nice meal that everyone enjoys
7. Making a toy or clothes or anything for someone that makes them happy
8. Listening to Dusty Springfield CDs
9. Thinking about my parents and my childhood
10. A soft pillow and a nice hot water bottle
I nominate Signsie, Azirca, NMJ, Michael, Rachel , Amanda and Ashy.
I would have nominated Jo and LeeLee too but I believe thay are already standing on their podiums with awrad in hand and I'm not sure if yo can awrad someone twice. All these people deserve the awrad because they are resourceful, cheerful , supportive and contribute so much to the blogging community
6 comments:
thanks!
Does the dog understand though? ;)
You're welcome my dear.
Of course he understands ! We have a special realtionship and he understands no end of silly old nonsense from me. He has to because I'm the one that , rescued him feeds him, walks him and pays his vets bills ;O)
Cuspie, Mwah!. I am happy to receive a Happiness Award and will consider my Favourite Things.
Kissing children and talking to pet - I find myself nodding (even though my kids are grownups now and mostly I don't see them to say goodnight). Most of the other things too. Thinking about childhood - a bit of a minefield actually, for me. Mazel tov.
You deserve this award x
thanks so much Cusp!
If I could bottle the sound, sight and smell of the ocean, I would, and I'd send it off to you.
I agree, there is nothing better than a soft pillow and hot water bottle, although we tend to call them hotties here! I'm quite partial to my hottie.
I love number 2. I talk to next door's cat in a similar way. Thanks for the mensh. And a great list by the way :-)
Oh thank-you, cusp! That's very kind of you. I'll put my thinking cap on and post my things soon. I suspect there may be some overlap with your list, which only shows how sensible we both are!
Post a Comment