We had a Jack Russell cross called Dory (after Dory Previn) for many years and she was a darling. . Two and a half years ago she died aged 16 years Though we loved her dearly she was a typical JRT --- in that she was naughty, always ‘on’ and never really rested. She was a real comedian and always up to mischief.
In my present state of health there is no way I can cope with the JRT temperament. Its too busy and boisterous, but for many years I have hankered after a whippet.
The first whippet I ever met was whilst taking Dory out. That whippet was called Suzy and ever since then I’ve been in love with their shape, elegance and quiet demeanour.
For the last year I have been looking for an old whippet –one that’s as tired and old as me ! At last we’ve found each other and it’s time for Tiffin !
He’s an almost nine year old dog whose owner dies about 3 weeks ago. He had another name but it just seemed wrong so we’ve rechristened him and he doesn’t seem to mind at all. He came here with us two days ago and it’s like he’s always been here.
I really hope we can do him justice and that his last owner is looking down and approving.
No comments:
Post a Comment