Feeling frightened and angry today.
The more I look into this whole insurance business the more I realise what a nest of vipers I am being pushed towards. The more I read about this cohort of psychiatrists who use words like 'deceit', 'malingerer', 'fantasy', 'deluded', 'controlling', 'devious' the more I realise that I shall be perceived as a manipulative scoundrel with dubious mental health who has brought this whole condition on myself and who is determined to influence and sway everyone around me to believe what I believe so that I can sponge off the State, grab handouts and payouts from the Insurance companies and waste the valuable time of my GP.
There really does seem to be a sort of conspiracy about the whole business --- collusion between the State, governmental department, health care, insurance and big business and a game of sparring, reputation and ego boosting amongst the medical profession.
I'm trying hard not to let this get me down and not to back out of my claim. I will not be beaten and I will not be insulted by such patronising and insulting attitudes to someone with a genuine neurological condition
3 comments:
I am bemused by the idea of a disabled claimant being portrayed as "manipulative" - clearly, if you were, there wouldn't be a problem...
The piece of advice I always give about this kind of stuff is to try your damnedest not to take it personally.
This is about money and as such, people are inclined to say whatever they need to say in order to keep it from you - just as they'd say all manner of nice things to you if they were trying to sell you something. It is demoralising and terribly unjust, but they have every reason to wish to demoralise you; it's not a conspiracy as such, but their best case scenario is that you do give up.
However, this isn't about you as a person, this is about you as a claimant. So all that crap, all that doubting is about a case number; they don't know you and they don't want to. And indeed, it is that case number that you need to defend, not your integrity as an individual. Try to keep the two things as separate from one another as possible; not always easy, I know.
Hang in their and good luck.
I know I'm just a cog in their giant machine and I do try not to take it personally but when you are being asked to see a psychiatrist about a condition that has no basis in mental ill-health (albeit that any chronic illness will at some point make the sufferer feel depressed or 'down')it's hard not to feel somewhat misunderstood.
When you also know that this is mainly because the Company are trying their damnedest to discredit you so they don't have to pay out and the psychiatrist you have been asked to see has organised a Conference entitled 'Malingering and Illness Deception' it is worrying.
There is a large group of psychiatrists who make a very good living out of 'Liason work' for the insurance industry and it's in their interests to maintain the dominance of their beliefs about the nature of ME within government and insurance circles. They make a jolly good living out of others' misery and then compound the misery by subjecting people who are ill (often much more unwell than me) to a kind of emoitonal torture. (Add to this the number of PWME who have been ignored, abused even sectioned or parents of children wih ME who have had their children take from their care because of the dominanace of these psychiatrists views)
I am doing my best not to take it personally ( though I do take the smear and injustice against PWME personally) and also doing my best to give the bastards a real run for their money which is why I won't give up.
I'm not spouting this bile at you dear Goldfish --- just very hot under the collar and sick of having to constantly justify not just a need for services but that I have a condition that even really exists !
Keep fighting the B******d's my friend.
Post a Comment