Thursday, March 05, 2009

Great Dusty Song

I've been listening to quite a lot of Dusty the last few days and rediscovered a great story song she did in the 70s. It's not well known at all but it conjures up all sorts of images and plots for me.To me it's very filmic.

No videos on YouTube but you can hear it on Last FM.


here

5 comments:

Kahless said...

Love the blue colour.
But then I am biased as it is my favourite colour.

I am afraid my volume is on mute (as I am next to Mrs K and the TV is on) so I'll come back and listen at the weekend.

Hope you are alright.
xx

seahorse said...

I admire your savvy Last FM ness. I found it all too much a year or so ago. Maybe I should give it another try. Is it good?

Digitalesse said...

Dusty in Memphs has to be one of my favourite albums. Breakfast In Bed! Son Of A Preacher Man! Fabulous. I also like her Bacharach stuff. The Look Of Love especially.

I'm still trying to figure out my Last FM account. Still haven't got the hang of it :-(

Cusp said...

Ah Seahors and Digi --- obviously Women of Taste ;0)) So glad there are some other Dusty admirers here.

Yes, LastFm did take a bit of getting used to but it's not hard really and once you get there it's brilliant --- all sorts of good and unusual stuff. There's some lovely Dusty stuff on YouTube too but for how long (with them taking half the stuff down because of licensing and copyright rows) I don't know.

seahorse said...

Maybe I'll give it another go. Ideally by finding a friend who uses it and getting them to come and show me. I was foxed last year. Utterly beyond me.