Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Claude Francois and The Clodettes: Mais Quand Le Matin




I found this on YouTube and those of you who follow this blog will know how I love 60s pop; especially Euro pop and in particular French stuff.

So here's a treat for like-minded souls: Claude Francois (who was HUGE in France and the french-speaking world til his death in 1978) doing a 1968 french hit but in Italian ('Si Torni Tu' ) on RAI Uno.

What I love is that it's live and you can really hear the drummer and the backing singer and CloClo (as he was known) is really 'giving it some 'with his dancers, The Clodettes. He really is putting his heart and soul into the performance (but he always did...a real showman). They look so alive and exuberant and as if they are having such fun.

Watch for the splits near the end.

Enjoy ;O)

4 comments:

Reading the Signs said...

rather splendid - a period piece of its kind. Though I never actually knew about him or the Clodettes.

Lee Lee said...

haha that's awesome. Live recordings always capture so much more spirit. Thanks for sharing that, it's gonna be the theme for my day as i dance around on my couch hehehe

Cusp said...

A period piece indeed Signsie but Les Clodettes have a bit more verve and panache than the Young Generation and Dougie Squires.

Ha..I thought this might 'float yer boat' Lee Lee. I shall picture you now dancing around: all boas and flashing new gnashers ! ;o)

Someone did a remix of this but it doesn't nearly capture the essence of the originals or the lovely raspy soudn of the horns on the original

Ruth said...

Holy frijole, those dancing girls put Austin Powers' girls to shame. Now I could take an inch or two off my thighs if I danced like that even once a week. Really energetic, and fun, and I'd never heard of him. So cool.