Sunday, December 16, 2007

Now it can be told

One of the reasons I've been a little tardy in writing post and responding to comments in that I've been busy making more sockee monkee. They was commissioned !! Yes...other people actually wanted them ! ;-))

Anyway, I do like making them and thinking up all the biogs that go wit them and it's lovely sitting in my everso 'umble abode thinking about the monkeys sitting about in other people's abodes all over the place.

This time it was DJ Kirby who asked me to make two: one for one of her sons and one for her niece. She was specific about colours the children liked but left the rest to me. For all sorts of reasons it seemed best to make cuddly soft monkeys so I used a different kind if sock and, because they are for children I felt I couldn't use buttons for eyes as I usually do so I had to find another way.


The soft towelling socks proved to be a bit tricky to work with but I think it was OK in the end and thus Chutney and Pickles came to life.
















Chutney thinks he's really hard and sports a mohican a sparkly earring and is poking his tongue out. In actual fact he's a real softie and needs someone to look out for him. DJ's niece is just the girl for the job . I don't know if she likes 'Hollyoaks' but if she doesn't it'll be tough because it's Chutney's fave and she'll hog the remote when it's on TV



Pickle's a lot smaller and younger. He's pink and green stripes with a sort of mask over his eyes and number 8 on his back: DJ's son's favourite number. They both loves trains and Pickle likes to eat Jammie Dodgers. Mind you he is a bit grubby and doesn't like washing very much ---that's why he has flowers growing out of his tummy button





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pickles and Chutney are so beautiful I just want to hug them!

Cusp said...

Oh Shirl you are a one ! They're much too young for you. What is it you're after a ToyBoy Monkey ?

DJ Kirkby said...

Oooooh! Your pics are so much better than mine and they stilld on't do them justice. I love them soooo much and just can't wait to see the looks on N3S and his cuz's faces when they hold them for the first time.

seahorse said...

Okay, I give in. I've been loving these for months so please consider this an order for a sock monkey for my son. Not for Christmas obviously, but maybe by Spring? Digging your purpley stripey ones of late. Or one of more multi-coloured hue. Would need to be a boy (he hates girls). I marvel at how on earth you make them, they're so fab.

Reading the Signs said...

Pickles looks like a baby - a real baby. I want him. Cusp, what have you done? These are gorgeous creations and I'll have to find a reason for ordering one next year.

Cusp said...

Dear dear, what have I done ? It's a lovefest. I'm so glad you lie the latest additions to the Sockee Monkee clan.

There are a couple more that have been finished in time to be put in Santa's sack but I can't show them to you until after the festivities in case any naughty boys or girls sneek a peek at their pressies on this blog.

You'll just have to be patient like all good kiddiewinks.