Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Pussy cat, pussy cat where have you been ?.......

Well my little blogeroonis where do I begin ? It's been so long since I've had a chance to write a proper post; although I hope you have enjoyed sharing my latest musical obsession.

The last couple of weeks have been a blur of school stuff, daughter's birthday, daughters' party, son's latest project (with which he needs help and supervision and I'll let you know about that in due course) and the half term holidays and PD days where my two little angels manage to blag an extra day off school whilst teacher supposedly involves him/herself in 'Personal Development' --- probably kicking off the shoes and drinking Pimms all day whilst running off a few worksheets on the copier (Here I jest, for I come from a family of teachers and know that the myth of those 'lovely short hours and long holidays' is exactly that --- a myth. All I ever saw my parents and aunts and uncles do was prepare, mark, admin. etc in the holidays. That's probably why I left teaching before I really began.)

Daughter's birthday went well. I had thought about another sock monkey as she so adores last year's fella. He's so adored that he has been everywhere and is consequently filthy and tatty but then that's love for you.
Instead I opted to fashion a new creature. Daughter would dearly like a pussy cat but it's no go as the fur sets off the old allergies and within minutes she is streaming and itching so what better than a puss cat doll (No, not a Pussy Cat Doll; I don't want that kind of influence going on)

And here she is




She's made from calico and her features are painted and sewn on




and her clothes have been reconstructed from some toddlers outfits I found in Oxfam. When they had been washed and hung on the line to dry --- prior to being re-fashioned --- daughter was very curious and concerned; thinking that another sibling might be in the offing

I shall return in due course but for now I must away. In five minutes time my two charges will be back from their first day back for nearly two weeks -- a traumatic event and worthy of a drink and biscuits.Time for me to clamber back on the merry-go-round

3 comments:

Kahless said...

And what has your daughter named puss cat doll?

I think she looks great and no doubt will be very loved indeed.

azirca said...

Puss cat doll is fabulous! I'm sure she will be much loved and cuddled.

Reading the Signs said...

A beautiful creature, as all your creations seem to be - each with their own unique soul quality. Lucky daughter.