Aha....caught you ! Just when you thought it was safe and I'd forgotten my thread about awful songs I decided to reawaken the beast.
I absolutely detest this song. That's probably more to do with memories of it on a school trip (and, no,even though it's a very old song I wasn't at school in 1909 ). There's just something about it that grates.
Now I WAS going to treat you to the Vince Hill version ('Edelweis's is another pet hate...especially his version) but that little gem is now off YouTube: perhaps the nice people at YouTube decided it was kinder to spare their customers such a vile and hideous rendition.
Anyroadup...I then came upon this version which is altogether more awful for not only have they chosen a dreadful tune but they have then given it
a) the whole 70s disco-y treatment and
b) given that treatment a kind of sickly ickly makeover in a way that only the french know how when they do their own version of Variety. One day I'll treat you to a Claude Francois video, if you're very good, and you'll see what I mean
Oh you lucky people ! Wherelse could you find such schlock !
Enjoy !
(Don't you just love those poor herberts prancing about at the back of Ms. Manson: camp as a row of tents)
3 comments:
ok, I have to admit that this time you have come up with something properly awful. I have to say that usually I have a sneaking affection for the ones you put up, but this is beyond the pale. Well done.
Those male dancers! Reminds me of those dreadful Saturday night TV shows with The Young Generation prancing around. And why did female singers back then have to sing in those high wimpy voices? Where was Poly Styrene when we needed her?
Thank you for your appreciation Signs. Yes truly is appalling ;0)
Ah Digi, The Young Generation....so clean and pure and wholesome: almost germ free adolescents [;0)]...scrub away, scrub away, scrub away teh S.R. way .....loved Poly S.
Post a Comment