Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Fifty of my favourite things

  1. Windy days
  2. Lemons
  3. Fried onions
  4. Whippets
  5. 2cvs
  6. anemones
  7. chick peas
  8. ultramarine
  9. Payne’s grey
  10. seaside
  11. purple
  12. turquoise
  13. Istanbul
  14. Paris
  15. Amsterdam
  16. French Yeye
  17. mayonnaise
  18. 1960s kitchen sink drama films
  19. Saabs
  20. Beach huts
  21. Donkeys
  22. Round the Horne
  23. Tony Hancock’s ‘The Rebel’
  24. Vermont
  25. Wallabies
  26. Hessian
  27. Smell of shoe shops
  28. Kingfishers
  29. Barn owls
  30. Cornish coast
  31. Old Disney
  32. harpsichords
  33. smell of coffee
  34. ‘Roadrunner’ cartoons
  35. pistachios
  36. Toblerone
  37. De La Warr pavillion
  38. International Style architecture
  39. Gard du Nore
  40. Harbours
  41. Eau Sauvage
  42. Groucho Marx singing ‘Lydia the Tatooed Lady’
  43. Singing (but away from other people !!)
  44. Gooseberry & Elderflower Alder Carr Ice cream
  45. Collecting sea shells
  46. Charity shop ‘finds’
  47. Old cameras
  48. Old photographs
  49. Hot water bottles
  50. Builders Tea

4 comments:

Kahless said...

Hi Cusp,
Not sure that we have many favourite things in common!
But I enjoyed reading your list. I never heard of the term kitchen sink drama films.

azirca said...

What a great list! I can relate to quite a few things on your favourites list especially...
Charity shop ‘finds’
Old cameras
Old photographs
Hot water bottles

I love hot water bottles, I pretty much have one attached to my person at all times!

Reading the Signs said...

The de la Warr pavilion - I've been there a number of times, mainly to hear son play in youth orchestra. It feels a bit like being on an ocean liner. Or on location in Star Trek.

Builders tea sounds like my kinda brew. Must try it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your list! I wonder what would end up on my list if I actually sat down and thought about my 50 favorite things...I love your choice of colors though (purple, turquoise), and I too love the smell of coffee! I don't even drink it, I just for some reason think it smells quite wonderful :)