Monday, November 24, 2008

New Sock Monkey litter


Been very busy making this latest litter of sockee monkey for a Xmas Bazaar. There are four monkeys and one sock 'critter'. Actually he started off as a monkey too but his legs turned out too short and he looked very peculiar so he had to be re-worked and turned into something else. That's strictly 'hush-hush', so please don't tell anyone
*******************
This one has an embroidered mouth and a starry body


Here's the critter. I think he's probably called Ronnie (don't know why but I thought I heard him whisper his name to me ).. He's quite funky....got a little goatee and a fringed tongue



This one's very surprised. Think I might have accidentally jabbed him with a needle in a sensitive spot



Aaaaargh ! This one's my favourite really. I've been saving this sock for ages. He's a sort of nice pale green with an embroidered mouth, a felted heart and a curious expression



Aha. A punky rebellious monkey. The black stripes are shiny and have little tufty bits and the pink mouth is sort of tasselled

13 comments:

Shelli said...

This is a serious blast from my past! My mom used to make sock monkeys for us when we were kids. I always loved them -- they were so cute! I love the creations you've come up with. They are fantastic!

Cusp said...

Thanks Shelli. Glad you like them. If you've a mind to, have a shufty through the older posts and you'll see there are loads more sockee monkey. Thanks for dropping by.

D Phoenix said...

OMG, these are pure dead brilliant (as my Scottish friend likes to say). So much going on. Do you ever sell them on Esty? I wish I could come to that Xmas bazaar - I'd purchase a bunch for many adults I know who would love these. You've birthed a litter of lovelies.

Anonymous said...

Each has it's own character. Great stuff!

Reading the Signs said...

What can I say? I love them all, but the "surprised" one gets my heart, don't know why. The Critter looks like an extra-terrestrial of some kind and also pulls at me. Perhaps we come from the same planet.

nmj said...

These guys should not be split up, they should stay together, they are a family! UTTERLY GORGEOUS!

azirca said...

Most excellent sockee monkeys. I adore the pale green chap, he looks like he is up to a bit of trouble with that one eyebrow raised.

Lynda said...

i LOVE your sock monkeys!! you should sell them...id buy one if i wasnt broke, lol. i love them...theyre perfect

seahorse said...

Sabian says "Yo" to all the crew, especially the cool dude with the goatee, who he believes is a distant relation of his - an uncle once-removed was in a heavy metal band of some considerable fame in the 1970s, Sabian tells me. He's convinced it's him, though he's quite surprised he's lasted this long, as he partied hard.

Anonymous said...

Hallo Cuspchen, wie geht's? I am liking these new children very much. One day they will perhaps also be as wise and accomplished as myself, ja for I haf much life experience now. But of course not all monkeys are poets. I am still trying to find a good word to rhyme with nuts. Clutz is gut but is also not such a nice thing to say to people. I am helping Signs mit her work.

Rabbit said...

aww love your monkeys so cute and colourful!
Thanks for the message on my blog so thoughtful of you! Hope you are doing well xx

Kahless said...

Dearest Cusp.
thank-you so much for the happiness kit.

It really really touched me. And as Mrs K said, much much thought had gone into it.

{{{{hugs}}}}

Amanda said...

Hehehe! these are great...but I'd watch that punky one...I think he's on something!