
Well the half term hols are over and I'm sitting here trying to re-group my thoughts and faculties
It was a good week
We went en famille for a brief sojourn by the seaside. I rather overstretched myself and had a little 'dip' midweek but it was good to be somewhere else, involved in everything and pretend, for just a little while, that I was like other parents.
The weather was bright, sparkling and bitter cold but that didn't matter because we were having new experiences

Later in the week it was Halloween of course and the children and their friends spent the whole day making a revolting feely box as part of their trick or treat. We dressed up and 'hit the village', gleaning a ton of sweeties.
I made a lovely topical dessert --- Bloody Eye Pie.
Here's the recipe should you wish to replicate:
Take 8 digestive biscuits and crush with all the force that a PWME, mid half term holiday can muster (you may need help)
Combine crushed biccies with a large tablespoon of butter and as much brown sugar as children will tolerate in a pan over a low flame, until the butter has melted and combined with bics and sugar
Press the mixture into a shallow bowl and leave to cool. Meanwhile, search out your eyeballs. At this point in the school break you may feel they have already been burned out but persevere dear reader and attempt to wend your way to the local sweetie shop where you might purchase a good facsimile hand crafted from a ton of sugar, pigs gelatine and a shed load of additives and colouring. Once home place an eyeball at bottom of bowl
Make up a pineapple jelly with a little too much water so it will set all sloppy. Don't forget to add green food colouring in order to reach the required amount of unnatural ingredients in whole (you could use lime jelly but this would be cheating).
Retire to bed for a sleep of at least 2 hours. Upon rising, make a cup of tea and drink whilst watching trash TV. You need all your faculties and skills for the last lap of culinary delight.
Mash jelly and place over eye in bowl and all over rest of biscuit case. Decorate eye with black icing so that it has lashes, styes and spiders on edge of bowl.
Take a bottle of strawberry syrup and squeeze liberally all over dish so that it resembles oozing blood. Serve with a side dish of Phlegm and worm sauce (cream cheese with icing sugar, lime green colouring and cold cooked spaghetti)Nigella...eat your heart (or eyes) out
12 comments:
Good to hear you had a nice time, and hope you've come back to some good news re IceSave...
Love your montage of photo's, and your eye pie of course! I think I would be too nervous to eat it though.
Lovely time thank you but no news from Icesave...;0(
Eye Pie ? !!! No worries: luverly wiv a bit o' phlegm 'n worm sauce, ....splash it all over and yer done ;0)
Bloody brilliant.
Thank you dear Signs --- yes it was
Thank you dear Signs --- yes it was
I loved seeing your photo collage of your holiday outing.
I must say that your dessert looks disgustingly gross, which is a good thing considering that was the effect that you were going for.
and... a side dish of phlegm 'n worm sauce! eewww! I'm so pleased that I wasn't eating when I read this ;)
lovely photos!
Glad you got away and got some fresh sea air. Wouldn't it be nice if we could just leave our illnesses at home as well?
You have quite the talent for creating something truly disgusting looking! My goodness. And me all nauseated and not able to eat my breakfast yet. Thanks a lot!
Hi! I, too have CFS. I always enjoy finding someone else who is finding their way to live life in spite of the limitations. Your pictures are gorgeous!
I wanted to post a link to your blog on my website, www.chronic-fatigue-community.com, but I wanted to ask your permission first. It's a work in progress! But, I think others like me would benefit from your story.
Thanks! Shelli
Hi Shelli, Good to see you here. Yes of course you can post a link to this blog.
Hope to see you here again soon ;0)
Lovely photos - orrible looking pud ;o)
Post a Comment