Friday, May 15, 2009

Eurovision: Apres Toi ~ Vicki Leandros

As it's Eurovision weekend I thought I'd post up a song from 1972 sung by wonderful Vicki Leandros.

Just shows how the the quality of the songs has deteriorated over the years. Last night I was up at 2 a.m. and came across the semi final of this year's spectacle in Moscow. Never have I seen such a load of old codswallop (well I have but only on Eurovision over the past 15 years or so). It seems they now try to make up for the lack of songwriting quality by wearing funny costumes and having acrobats twirling round or skaters skating or strange oversized props.

3 comments:

Reading the Signs said...

But Cuspie, what about Save All Your Kisses For Me? ok, that was 1976, but it definitely deserves a mention in your Horribles Hall of Fame.

Time was when single-syllable words ruled in the Eurovision - those were the days.

Nina said...

Hey, you're forgetting the pyro=techniques of The Grateful Dead, Led Zeppelin, even the Stones. Oh dear -- am I dating myself:-)

Cusp said...

Hi Nina. Good to see you here --- Welcome. Well you're not dating yourself cos we're all a bit crumbly over here. Saw the New York Dolls on TV the other day and they're still fantastic -- wrinkley as hell but full of spirit ! ;0)