Tuesday, December 08, 2009

For Ruth: Silver Threads and Golden Needles



Here's Dusty again. You'll be getting sick of her if you're not keen but I love her and always have. I'm putting this one up for my new blogging chum Ruth who liked the last video.

Today I'm looking after a recuperating son: small op. yesterday and third visit to hospital since last Friday. The patient is sitting up and taking notice and we are enjoying ;O) all the re-runs of 'Heartbeat' and 'On the Buses' and other daytime telly that I never usually watch. We are also enjoying plenty of Playstation. The boy is incredibly hungry (a good sign) so I am also on frequent snack duty and hot water bottle duty and all the other duties that are part of the convalescent's requirements. We are trying for recovery by Thursday so we can attend the School Carol Concert Dress Rehearsal.

I shall stop here because the bird in the nest has his beak open again and my laptop is playing up yet again --- on its last legs and driving me crazy with all its idiosyncrasies.

* BTW I am being plagued by all sorts of comments from strangers hither and yon offering me no end of strange medicaments for sexual prowess, money making schemes and no end of other stuff I do not want or care to know about. Does anyone know how to deter such miscreants and turn them away ?

5 comments:

Reading the Signs said...

I suppose I like the later Dusty (I Close My Eyes and Count to Ten, Son of a Preacher Man), but perhaps that's because I never originally got to know the Springfields.

Anyway, good to see you writing about how things are: challenging, obviously, but with lights. Hope you both make the dress rehearsal.

Those strangers who plague you also come to my door - but only my Reading the Signs door, they can't seem to get in elsewhere. It's because of having a blog, I think. Somehow it lets them in. I haven't found a way of blocking them so I ignore them and do the spam wipeout every so often.

Cusp said...

Yes I like the later Dusty better too (especially the ones you mention) but some of the Springfields stuff is quite nice too Actually I don't think Dusty, herself, was too keen --- it was all a bit too 'jolly hockey sticks' for her when she wanted Soul and Motown.

azirca said...

Hope that your son is on the mend, hunger and wanting to spend time on the Playstation are always good signs that they are feeling better.

Amanda said...

"Jolly hockey sticks"! Ah, the English turn of phrase! You don't hear that sort of talk much on my manor...

Kahless said...

I delete such comments as quick as I can and dont read them to limit their advertising effect. Luckily they seem to go away.