
I really hate it when people who are suffering, ill or in need have to tout their stories round and almost beg in order to raise sufficient funds for treament or resources which might imporve their life. Only a few doors away we have a young man with Cerebal Palsy whose family must tout his story and arrange gigs in local pubs in order to try and raise funds for a special wheelchair which will improve his life no end.
Yesterday I was alerted to the story of a young woman who lives a few miles away from me and who is very severely affected by M.E. and bedbound. Jenny Rowbory became ill with ME in 2004 at the age of 18 when she contracted a virus during the first term of her course at University where she was studying medicine.
Recently she attended the Breakspear Hospital in Hemel Hempstead where a treatment programme was drawn up for her. The cost of the 12 week treatment plan is £35,000. NHS funding was applied for but rejected. Jenny has written a poetry book 'Rainbows in my Eyes' and is selling it to try and raise the funds needed to pay for her treatment. You can go to her website to read more about her story and buy the book. You can also donate additional funds.
5 comments:
The is an error coming up when clicking on your link to her website.
Sorry about that Treya. Fixed now.
I hate inequalities too. It is hugely unfair that some can afford second homes, more than one 4x4 and three holidays a year, yet others can't get what they need. Grrrr.
Thanks for putting us onto Jenny Rowbory.
Certainly agree Jo. I looked at the Breakspear at one point but didn't even pursue it because I knew it was out of reach financially but in Jenny's case, she's so poorly that I guess she feels she has to try. I'm sure we've all spent a fortune over theyears trying different treatments. Just proves what an appalling state things are in terms of healthcare and provision...not just for PWME but others too.
I hate it when people have to raise money for basic necessities or to get needed treatment too.
Its not right.
You get VAT relief for wheelchairs but they are so damn expensive.
Post a Comment