Christmas has come early to Suffolk. We woke up this morning to find the village transformed into (cliche alert!) a Winter Wonderland. The childrens' schools were closed and so its been a day of snowman making, snow angels and cold, cold hands with intermittent forays indoors for hot drinks and hot food and hot water bottles.
Of course, as usual, U.K. is rubbish at organisation and foresight when it comes to such lovely weather. It's as if the powers-that-be forget each year that in the wintertime it sometimes SNOWS !! Last night saw broken down lorries and cars on 'A' roads hereabouts. There was no gritting beforehand. Some people were stranded on the Orwell Bridge (the River Orwell runs through Ipswich to the sea at Felixstowe and Harwich) from about 9 p.m. last night until they were freed at 6 a.m. this morning.
Still, it's everso Christmassey isn't it and it is the best kind of snow too: really lovely and soft and with a bit of sunshine in clear blue skies. More snow forecast for this evening and tomorrow too I think.








13 comments:
Lucky duck, we're still waiting for snow (here in Ireland).
Anyway, these are absolutely gorgeous pictures - with the two featuring the pale wintery-liquid sun being especially beautiful. They are almost too perfect.
Given their gorgeousness, in fact, I think you can probably just about be forgiven for using the old "Winter Wonderland" cliche. I can only speak for myself, obviously, and you may find that others are less compassionate, less prone to forgiveness.
But yes, thank you, Cusp. Lovely, lovely, lovely.
Kind regards etc....
TPE
Well tpe, I am honoured: a new visitor [though I have seen you around at other people's places].
Thank you for your compliments about the pictures. I was a little afraid that some were under exposed but he ho ....and if YOU like them..... ;O)
P.S. LOVE the whippet on the beach over at your place. I'm a bit of a whippet nut and have a very old boy myself.
Do drop by again and Merry Christmas !
oooh you lucky thing, I adore snow! Your photos are beautiful, love the pink cottage covered in the frosting of fresh snow.
Have a wonderful Christmas and stay warm.
xo
Beautiful photos, Cuspchen. It's a bit like that around here too, but I haven't actually managed to get out into it, and cars can't get out of our road. Mr. S walked into the village today for provisions. Little House in the Big Woods.
Suffolk is beautiful and with snow is in your words a "Winter Wonderland". Great to see the Suffolk Pink house in your photo
I love your pictures, especially the sky in the 3rd from bottom.
No snow here yet.
Beautiful shots. Don't you just love the quiet that snow brings? Or is that mostly a city thing? There isn't snow in the forecast for us. It's fairly warm here and not raining, so that's not too bad. I wouldn't mind a bit of the white stuff, though.
Our big city doesn't doesn't do very well with snow clean-up, either. The side streets never get done and the major roads are not done often enough. Other Canadian cities function just fine with a metre or more of snow and we skid to a messy halt with just a few centimetres. It's rather pathetic. And here we are hosting the Winter Olympics.
Anyhoo, enjoy the snow and the hot chocolate afterwards!
You lucky thing! Over here we just DREAM of white Christmases, and even that is a stretch for the imagination with 70% humidity and a tropical thunderstorm brewing. Do have a lovely Christmas cusp, and very best wishes for 2010.
ooh gorgeous pictures! We have it up here in Newcastle and yesterday we went for a walk at a pond and i took some pictures (on film - so won't see how good they are til the new year now) and it was sunny, sparkly swan filled heaven. Just what i needed to put a big smile back on my face!
Yes, I'm terribly jealous, we haven't had much snow over this way in the West Midlands.
Thanks for the cliche alert, but sometimes you just have to use them don't you!
Happy Christmas!
Don't encourage her, Jo.
Cusp, hello again. Thanks for taking the time to respond.
He's a lovely looking dog, isn't he? If you ever find yourself looking at that picture again, incidentally, then please be sure to click on it. If you do, then I dare you not to feel a momentary stab of happiness as you look at the two loons racing from the sea (my dog's the black one, by the way, and the whippety creature - looking like a baby kangaroo - was merely our friend for the day).
Anyway, I'm delighted to hear that you're a dog person. This always helps.
Thanks for the lovely response, thanks for the lovely pictures and thanks for the Christmassy greetings. I hope you have a terrific day (Christmas Day, I mean) filled with happiness and snow (and dogs).
Kind regards etc....
TPE
Ah, just gorgeous Cusp, a real mood-setter for Christmas! :)
Take it as homage, Cusp, that I have gone and copied you by putting up some Winter Wonderlands of my own (except that they were taken by my neighbour and not me). But unlike yours mine won't enlarge when you click on them - I can never seem to get that right.
Post a Comment