Friday, December 04, 2009

Island of Dreams




A very young and carefully enunciated Dusty...bless her cotton socks .

'Island of Dreams'....what a beautiful image

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Hi Cusp,
I'm really pleased to see that you have managed to post this. I've been thinking of you lately. I hope you have been okay and have recovered from the exertions of the school hols. in Sept.
I'm not a big Dusty fan - she's a bit before my time really, but I think you're very clever using your findings on youtube here.
Anyway, take care and I hope you feel well enough to share a little news soon. Amanda xo

Ruth said...

That's a beautiful number, and their voices are gorgeous. I never heard of the Springfields as a trio, though I knew of Dusty and her hits.

I agree with Amanda and am glad to see you post and wonder how you are. Island of Dreams indeed.

Cusp said...

Hi Amanda and Ruth. Thanks for dropping by. Thank you my dears, I am better than I was earlier in the year and now bracing myself for the Xmas Hols ;O) and son's birthday two days after Xmas.

I've loved Dusty since I was little in the 50s and 60s. She was so cool in the Mod era. Dusty was in The Springfields with her brother Tom (the one on her left/our right) before she went solo in about 1963.

Ruth, if you like this one you'll probably like their 'Silver Threads and Golden Needles' even more.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKofdthA9yg)

I think Skeeter Davis did it too.

The Springfields were quite well thought of in US and recorded in Nashville. Dusty went back there to record at the end of her life in the 1990s.