I love French 60s ye-ye pop. I think this video is so funny. Watch the chap on the left behind Sheila. He's so full of 'showtime' he looks as if his head will fall off. Talk about enthusiastic !
hahahah! That is so funny! It had me laughing and bouncing around! Yes, they all look enthusiastic...and, yes, especially the guy in the back. Although they all look as if their heads might fall off! Thanks for that joy this morning, Cusp! That was sweet to watch. Do you understand French?
Thank you for your kind comment over at my blog. You surely are a sensitive soul. I wish there were more like you on this earth, Cusp.
I'm glad you like it. I love this sort of stuff: it's innocence is so appealing. Mind you the chap with the wobbly head is really going at it. Do you think he was trying to impress ?: his Mum, the producer, 'Sheila'? That's such a galmorous name for a star too don't you think? Funny how, in translation, things get skewed. Maybe in France in 1962 Sheila sounded sexy. In this country it sounds really duff !
I understand some french, having had a long realtionship with a frenchie in my distant youth. I still have a real 'penchant' everything french, though.
Well here I am again, Cusp, enjoying some more real time with you! haha. Yes, the innocence is very appealing and I especially like the joyful and childish quality. Yes, it is amazing how translation in language can skew things. I've had my words skewed a few time when trying to translate them! -- and I've gotten in big trouble with the Frenchies! Sheila sounds very dated to me and, you're right, not very glamorous!
By the way, if you enjoy everything French, you might want to visit Anajo's blog, she is also the same that way:
Yes they sure don't make 'em like that anymore. Actually it reminds me more of the Billy Cotton Band Show but that's probably before your time !
It is cute but when I watched again the other day (sucker for punishment) I couldn't work out why they'd also decided to include a poultry theme --- if you can bear it, watch how the men start to make chicken wing movements with their arms. Weird.
cusp, this is too cheerful for me, I don't think I can cope! I think I might have to agree with digitalesse that perhaps it's a good thing they don't make them like that any more. Miserable so and so, ain't I?
Oh poor RTS. You are glum aren't you. I am genuinely sorry you feel so rotten at the moment. There's nothing worse than some bugger being determinedly cheerful when you aren't. I loathe that song 'Don't worry Be Happy' for that very reason.
I have to say I am in a very silly phase at the moment. Don't know why. Yesterday I picked up a pamphlet about Cat Rescue and did a kind of Joe Orton Library book make-over. It helped to pass a delightful half hour as I wrote rude comments and jokes, subverted the photos and pictures and laughed like a drain. Very silly.
I do hope the clouds part for you soon and the sun comes out. I'll let you know when it's calmer over here
7 comments:
hahahah! That is so funny! It had me laughing and bouncing around! Yes, they all look enthusiastic...and, yes, especially the guy in the back. Although they all look as if their heads might fall off! Thanks for that joy this morning, Cusp! That was sweet to watch. Do you understand French?
Thank you for your kind comment over at my blog. You surely are a sensitive soul. I wish there were more like you on this earth, Cusp.
Lots of love and warmth to you today,
Ana
I'm glad you like it. I love this sort of stuff: it's innocence is so appealing. Mind you the chap with the wobbly head is really going at it. Do you think he was trying to impress ?: his Mum, the producer, 'Sheila'? That's such a galmorous name for a star too don't you think? Funny how, in translation, things get skewed. Maybe in France in 1962 Sheila sounded sexy. In this country it sounds really duff !
I understand some french, having had a long realtionship with a frenchie in my distant youth. I still have a real 'penchant' everything french, though.
Well here I am again, Cusp, enjoying some more real time with you! haha. Yes, the innocence is very appealing and I especially like the joyful and childish quality. Yes, it is amazing how translation in language can skew things. I've had my words skewed a few time when trying to translate them! -- and I've gotten in big trouble with the Frenchies! Sheila sounds very dated to me and, you're right, not very glamorous!
By the way, if you enjoy everything French, you might want to visit Anajo's blog, she is also the same that way:
www.thankwee.blogspot.com
They don't make 'em like that any more. Good job too, LOL.
This reminds me of dancers like the Young Generation and Eurovision and even the dreaded Black And White Minstrels.
I like the Hawaiin theme, which doesn't quite work but it's so naive it doesn't really matter that it's wide of the mark. Cute.
Hi Digi, Welcome aboard.
Yes they sure don't make 'em like that anymore. Actually it reminds me more of the Billy Cotton Band Show but that's probably before your time !
It is cute but when I watched again the other day (sucker for punishment) I couldn't work out why they'd also decided to include a poultry theme --- if you can bear it, watch how the men start to make chicken wing movements with their arms. Weird.
cusp, this is too cheerful for me, I don't think I can cope! I think I might have to agree with digitalesse that perhaps it's a good thing they don't make them like that any more. Miserable so and so, ain't I?
Oh poor RTS. You are glum aren't you. I am genuinely sorry you feel so rotten at the moment. There's nothing worse than some bugger being determinedly cheerful when you aren't. I loathe that song 'Don't worry Be Happy' for that very reason.
I have to say I am in a very silly phase at the moment. Don't know why. Yesterday I picked up a pamphlet about Cat Rescue and did a kind of Joe Orton Library book make-over. It helped to pass a delightful half hour as I wrote rude comments and jokes, subverted the photos and pictures and laughed like a drain. Very silly.
I do hope the clouds part for you soon and the sun comes out. I'll let you know when it's calmer over here
Post a Comment