Thursday, May 24, 2007

A little levity today


This is the sock monkey I made for my daughter's birthday. It's the first one I've ever made and I'm quite pleased with it

15 comments:

Maggie said...

LOL, he's a cheerful looking chap! Love his googly eyes, reminds me a bit of Shawn the Sheep!

The Goldfish said...

You have every right to be pleased with it - that is one funky monkey! :-)

Cusp said...

Daer Maggie and Goldfish, Thanks very much for your comments. He is a jollly little chap, isn't he. When he's been seen by my daughter tomorrow I'l let you know what he's been called.

Thanks for popping over Goldfish. Good to have you aboard and to have another East Anglian about !

azirca said...

I love this as I'm sure your daughter will too, he is a stunning little chap. You're a very clever little monkey aren't you? ;)

Mary Anne said...

That is one cool Sock Monkey! I love his bright colours and cheerful face.

Cusp said...

Dear Arzica and Mary Anne, Welcome aboard and thank you for your kind comments. Do drop by again ;-)

singinghawk said...

THis is adorable! I would for sure buy one for myself even!

Cusp said...

Well thank you my dear. Very kind.

My daughter loves him and has decided that he is to be called Custard. Apparently he is defintely a 'him' she says, despite the fact that he has a lilac bow tied to the top of his tail ---- he was hiding it in the photo, so maybe he's shy. Can't think why because there are no gender specific roles in this houshold :-).

This is weird actually. There's some sort of synchronicity going on because while you were looking at my blog I was looking at yours, all these miles away and I just found Anthä's blog. I have been desperately trying to revive my skills (?!***?) in french to be able to leave a comment.

Love to you

Cusp

Her indoors said...

I love the sock monkey - I am inspired even if I can't sew ;-) Thanks for sharing him.

nmj said...

Hey Cusp, I am not sure what a sock monkey is - made of socks or stuffed with socks perhaps? - but this one is just lovely!

Cusp said...

Hi 21st Century Mum. Good to have you on board and another East Anglian. even if you can't sew this is a real doddle. If you want to know how email me and I'll send you the details

Cusp said...

Well, thank you NMJ and ta for popping over. I thought you were asleep til Friday :-).

Yep, it's a monkey made out of a pair of socks and dead easy to make.

Glad you had a good time at the wedding. Hadn't got you down as a softie at such occasions; I always cry at weddings (cue for song.......)

nmj said...

Cusp, I am so taken by this sock monkey, I love to see what others can do artistically, especially as I am so bad at art.

Yes, I am not one to cry at weddings, I am not sentimental, though I am emotional if that makes sense. I think perhaps it was more the location - Italy - that had me crying, it has associations for me.

Yes, I should be sleeping til Friday, but you know what it's like.

Cusp said...

Heh NMJ, I know exactly what you mean. I can be sentimental and emotional if the setting is right.

I'd feel the same at a wedding in France for similar reasons

Cusp said...

Heh NMJ, I know exactly what you mean. I can be sentimental and emotional if the setting is right.

I'd feel the same at a wedding in France for similar reasons