Monday, July 02, 2007

Another Monkey

I made this monkey for one of my oldest, dearest friends. She's been a cook for neary 30 years. The monkey is called Suzette and she comes from Canada --funnily enough that's where my friend comes from too -- hence the maple leaf on Suzette's hat and pinny.





Suzette likes to make biscuits



Suzette likes to bake cakes





..and after all that work she likes to rest in trees........









Suzette was sent to my friend with her own little introductory booklet, so my pal has a bit of background on her new foster monkey


8 comments:

Reading the Signs said...

Can she make lentil and vegetable soup as well? Anyway, I wish I could have her. She bakes nice things and looks friendly.

Cusp said...

I'm not sure if she can make lentil and vegetable soup. I didn't ask her and she's just gorn orf to London. I'm sure she could if she wanted to, but I feel that her main thing is confectionery.

You can't have her I'm afraid. She is 'bespoke' for my Canadian pal but I'll make you one if you want, as you're a special blogybud !


--- reminds me of that old 'gem' of graffiti from mens' public loos:

A:'My mother made me a homosexual'
B: 'If I send her the wool will she make me one ?'

Anne-Laure said...

this monkey does look friendly, I'm sure she'll be happy to find herself back in Canada after being abroad.
I really love the idea of making a little book to introduce her to her new family too!

Cusp said...

Ah, Anne-Laure.... Bienvenue !

Good to see you here. Glad to see you like Suzette. She's just gone to London to my friend but no doubt she'll be back in Toronto or Quebec at some time.

I've added you to my blog links so more people can discover and appreciate your work.

singinghawk said...

This is an adorable monkey! You are quite talented! and what a present to receive! -- homemade and filled with love!

And that cake looks really yummy! I think I need a cook.

Fire Byrd said...

Oh what lovely friend to have, that you make a monkey for your friend.She is a sweet little monkey and so clever.

I once knitted a tiger for my eldest son. He and the tigger have just returned fron uni.
px

Cusp said...

Hi Ana & Cusp,

Good to see you both here again.

It's always a pleasure to make something for someone you care for, don't you think ?...and my friend is very special to me and a real loyal and true chum.

My daughter ate the cake (well not all of it on her own !)and said it was just chocolatey enough so the monkey done good :-)

Maggie said...

Monkey Suzette is beautiful and hard working too. Every home should have one.

Thanks for dropping by - and thanks for your thoughts. Without wanting to sound soppy, it really does help knowing that your friends are thinking about you and generally sending good vibes.

Suddenly we have sunshine! Wow, that's a bit of a shock after the last few weeks!

All the best from sunny Liverpool (better get out and try take more pics of that agapanthus!)