Wednesday, July 18, 2007

OMG I've been tagged: 8 random facts about Cusp

OMG I've been tagged. First time. A Tag Virgin. Don't quite understand it but I'll give it a go.

First the rules:
1. Let others know who tagged you.
2. Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.
3. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts.
4. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been tagged.


I have been tagged by Goldfish

8 Random facts about Cusp:

1. When I was little I nearly drowned in the sea. I came out saying I had seen all the fishes down there and they were all wearing little coats. Strange child. Everyone knows the only coat a fish can wear is a coating of batter
2. I hate strawberries and anything with a strawberry flavour
3. When I was about 10 I saw Valerie Singleton in the street and asked her for her autograph. She was less than gracious (to put it mildly) and I have never forgotten it.
Bitter ? Moi ?
4. I wish Moira Stewart still read the news on TV because I think she has grace and elegance
5. I just don't get Ricky Gervais' popularity
6. I can still cry with laughter at Road Runner cartoons
7. I love too be near water ---- that's why I'm typing this in the bath (ha ha)
8. Even though I went to art school for 5 years I think my best act of creation was my part in the creation of our children (all together now......ahhhhh !)


I now tag
Amanda,
Behind the Surface,
Signs,
Sally,
Seahorse,
Singing Hawk,
Maggie,
Anne-Laure

12 comments:

singinghawk said...

hahahahh! Cusp! You're it! A little blog game! I never quite understood how these things got going...but maybe I'll figure out if I have any secrets left to divulge.

I love your 8 facts...almost drowned? -- but you love the water in any case. Ahhhh...the sea, my favorite place, too. I like my fish with butter and lemon...ahhh...the steamy topic of cuisine again...can't seem to get my mind out of the refrigerator.

Do be careful typing in the bathtub, wouldn't want you to accidently electrocute yourself, my friend!

ahhhhhhh....yes, children the most beautiful creation...

Reading the Signs said...

Should really save this for my list, but can't wait : I was on Five O'Clock Club once and got the distinct feeling that V.S. didn't like children much, which must have been inconvenient in the circs.

Congrats on losing virginity.

Kahless said...

I don't get Ricky Gervais' popularity either.

Cusp said...

Ah ha ! This got you all going didn't it. It has been a really busy week (end of term do's) and I'm quite knackered really but this jolly surprise really cheered me. Thank you for responding so fast.

Yes, Ana, nearly drown-ded, but you know I'm a Cancerian and you just cannot keep us little crabs away fromn our natural setting. Oh by the way the laptop was working off battery in the bath so it was fine.

Signs --- yes, it's a relief to get it over with really. This virginity lark isn't all it's cracked up to be. V.S. was a right old grump. Think she'd rather have been knattering to Princess Anne and a horse. Did '5 O'Clock Club' have Muriel Young and Wally Whiton ? Can't remember.
(*BTW: for my dear readers from other climes: Valerie Singleton was one of the presenters of a childrens' TV series called 'Blue Peter' --- still going since about 1959. She seemed quite middle class and kindly, like a big sister young aunt but actually was a tough old cookie and fierce)

Kahless -- good to know I'm not the only one :-)

Reading the Signs said...

I've got my Youngs and Singletons mixed up. Anyway, they were both grumps beneath the skin.

Gawd Cusp, how old are we?

Cusp said...

Oh Signs, don't tell me Muriel was a grump too. I idolised that woman when I was 3 or 4. I even had a cat called Willum ---after Pusscat W.

Valerie I can believe but not Muriel ! :-((

Sally said...

Valerie Singleton, yes I remember her and I wasn't fooled then. I am outing myself here (happily done elsewhere) as 53 and soon I will be able to sing 'when I'm 54' in celebration that I am not 64.

Anyone remember 'Torchy' and his magic torch. (Torch !)

nmj said...

hey cusp, I am angry that valerie singleton was rude to you!

Cusp said...

Well your comment is rather apposite vis a vis 'Auntie Valerie' because I do believe she is a 'friend of Gertrude' (as one of my camper friends calls it). So maybe she should have 'outed' herself in the other sense of the word.

Nevertheless, whatever it is that VS likes to do in bed with sticky back plastic (I don't really care) I see no shame to admitting to 53 (only 2 years to get there myself) and yes I do remember Torchy ---though only on my grand mother's TV because we didn't have a telly till later. And who remembers Lennie the Lion ?

Cusp said...

Oh NMJ --- nice surprise to see you here, my dear: especially when I know about all the trials and tribualtions that are ging on at NMJ Towers. ( I do feel for you there).

Thank you for your support and feeling my pain. As you can tell, I was deeply wounded by Valerie's rejection.

Sally said...

I met Lenny the Lion !!!!
AND I have got 'his' autograph.

Cusp said...

Sally, you lucky thing.
I adored Lenny when I was little.
I didn't know he could write.
I wondered where he'd been all these years. Obviously he went back to University to do his Masters in Medieval Literature.

I expect that stupid Terry chap who used to stand beside him (never could figure out what he was doing there) is on the dole now or dead. [Actually I think it's the latter :-( ]