Tuesday, July 24, 2007

It's the start of the summer holidays .......

Yesterday was the first proper day of the summer holidays and with two young children to keep amused for six weeks I was beginning to feel a little wobbly. This was not helped by a friend coming round with her two children who are good kids but lively.

One allowed the guinea pig to escape and we haven't seen her since.

In all honesty I think we all wanted a bit of peace and a chance to 'bed into' the new routine before we had visitors.

Anyway, today's a better day and things feel a bit more normal and relaxed. The sun is shining and I have two happy kids and a happy dog(the friend brought her dog too: it's on medication which makes it desperately hungry so she steals all the food out of our dog's bowl and drives him insane)

Yesterday I was feeling like this song. Today I'm more chilled............

10 comments:

Kahless said...

Fantastic video. Just the video and post I needed to make me smile.

I am going to link to this post on my blog as I like it so much.
Cheers
kahless.

singinghawk said...

I think I would most definitely feel like this song with four lively kids and a dog in the house!

Yes, I see you didn't think I would dare! LOL! Yes, I would dare a lot of things...that is my problem, Cusp!

Synchronicity perhaps, or two halves of the same nut!

I'm happy you feel more relaxed today. I definitely understand about kids and summer vacation.

katy said...

lol, i needed cheering up today thankyou

Cusp said...

Ah Kahless and Ana, glad you caught this vid. I like the puppet.

Hi Her Indoors. Good to see you here. Glad the song cheered your day

Reading the Signs said...

This vid is wonderful, Cusp - I've never heard that song all the way through. Surely not the Muppets, is it?

Anyway, School Holidays, I remember those. How I got through them, though, is a mystery. My two both loved drama so I signed them up for those one or two week things you take them to every day and then there's a show at the end of it. Everyone happy. Anything like that, so long as it suits the particular child, is money well spent. A couple of times I hired someone (art student who liked children) to come to the house and do something creative with them every day. And picnic, picnic, picnic wherever/whenever possible, preferably by a sturdy, climbable tree or paddling stream.

Whatever, it's a challenge. Wishing you strength.

Fire Byrd said...

So that's five weeks and five days left then....
px

CoffinDodger said...

Oh thank you for making me smile and laff out loud..I feel like that all the time...humming tune now..lol...Kahless intoduced me to your blog...

Cusp said...

Welcome Coffin, Nice to see you here. Blimey girl, you've been through the mill. Glad I could post up something that's give you a laugh :-)

Yes Pixie, 5 weeks and 1 day now....not that I'm counting ;-)

Well Signs, we have done the old holiday club thing and daughter is booked in to some workshops and son is booked into a week's worth of activities too, but really our two are real homebirds. They just love being at home and it is their holiday and a chance to kick back and not be at school so we just muddle through. It's fine really and I love them being around ---- it's just exhausting and it's weeks like these that make me realise how 'not well' I am compared to 'normal' people. I just can't keep up.

When our little world is ticking along with people at school and work and I'm here with my careful pacing and multiple rests I am lulled into a false sense of semi-security.

Amanda said...

He,he,he! I remember my sister singing that when I was young - I wonder who the original version was by? I must google it. Did you notice the mention of basket-weavers? A song that includes OTs!! Haha! When I was at uni the student association put out stickers that said "OTs - not just crafty birds" but that is how the world thinks of us.

Cusp said...

I loved this song when I was about 10 and the madness in it. It was originally recorded by Napolean XIV. Didn't know then that I'd grow up to be part of the madness --- if only on the other side, so to speak.

Yes, there's all the old suppositions about O.T.s --- basket weaving, binka, making rugs ..yawn !

Where I worked our unit was in a big hall with a central door. On one side the residents (as they were then called --- big 'hopsital' for people with learing disabilities') came to us in O.T. On the other side the residents went to the nursing staff. The residents did very similar activities with each set of staff really but there was always animosity and we were divided by a length of grey lockers which I called the Berlin Wall. Ridiculous. There was always some kind of weird competetion/hierarchy between nursing and O.T. there. Happy Days.