Right....I was a right misery yesterday:grouchy at every thing and everybody (though in RL I managed to hide it all very well) so I've decided that today, though I still feel much the same I shall attempt to shake off the grumps and delight (?) you with a new sock monkey
***********************************************

This chap was made for another friend's birthday (all my poor old mates are getting these dratted things !). He (the monkey) is called Mikael and is a Polish immigrant who is looking for work in the gardening-line. 

He's a bit of an old hippy and has grown a beard to go with his Lennon glasses
Gardening is his first love and his profession -- hence the daisy on his paw
After a hard day's gardening he likes nothing better than a natter in the kitchen with a cuppa at his side


11 comments:
The daisy makes me smile
:o)
I have no idea how you found a picture of me....but to turn me into a monkey puppett...I am shocked and amazed!! But I drink no coffee while on blogs...only beer. You must amend the photo!
//He's a bit of an old hippy and has grown a beard to go with his Lennon glasses...
....
Gardening is his first love and his profession -- hence the daisy on his paw ///
Yeah Kahless....jolly isn't it :-)
Hi Jimmmmm, Welcome. I am honoured that you wend your way over here and isn't it amazing that I knew what you looked like before you arrived ;-)).
Actually, this being England, it isn't coffee in the cup, but tea (dash of milk, one sugar).
Of course in the evening there is beer on tap or, more likely in this house, it's belgian beer like Duvel or Trappiste.
I love him, I love him (did I tell you my birthday was end of September?) Cusp, have you ever looked at the blog of Non-Working Monkey? People sometimes send her monkey pics and photos. She would love these, I think.
Sweet isn't he...quite serious though...he likes to read Kant and watch Bergman movies you know.
I have noted your hints about an autumnal anniversary ;-)
I have looked at NWM but I cannot understand how to post pics on her Flickr site. I might email and ask her
So cute:)
He reminds me of my old art teacher who looked very liked the monkey and seemed to be stoned constantly. He was known as the Hippy Monkey! I can see him the flower power daisy.
Hallo Rabbit...what a nice surprise to see you back again.
I was only perusing your 'warren' yesterday.
Now.....your observation about the sock monkey is rather spooky because, now you mention it, he also looks like MY old art teacher too and it had never struck me before because the monkey is modelled on a friend I have now for whom he was a pressie.
My art teacher was called Mr S. (daren't put his wole name in case I get sued) and he DID look just like the monkey and was always stoned. He used to smoke during the lessons which, in itself, was tres risque in my 'nice' grammar school. We always thought his ciggies smelt funny in our innocence ;-)...we didn't know a thing as 12 year olds in the late 60s. He got the sack in the end...wonder why ?!
You weren't at a grammar school in Essex in the late 60s were you ?
It must be a common strand in art teacher DNA :)
Cusp! I love your sock monkeys!
And I agree that it looks like Okjimm! LOL!
Kiss for you, friend...
It is good you're able to do something creative when you're feeling down and grouchy. I tend to crawl under a rock for a while.
Hi Ana. Good to see you round these here parts and glad you like my monkeys. It is an amazing likeness to Jimmmmmmm isn't it ?
I do try to climb out of my glums with a creative pursuit. Like you, though, that's not always possible and sometimes I think it's best to just give into it and retreat to bed or eat chocolate or be beside the sea or just put on the most miserable record I can find and have a damned good wallow until it's out of my system.
None of this happens often but when it does you have to go with the flow
:-))
Post a Comment