I promised myself that this year I would really try to move forward and do at least one creative thing very day and make at least one new step every week. This is harder than you'd think given that I have CFS and also have to try and manouevre my life around the peaks and troughs of energy and looking after my partner's needs and those of our two children.
The littlies have just returned to school after the Xmas break and I'm trying really hard not to fall back into the trap of doing nothing but 'house stuff' --- cleaning, washing, shopping, cooking, arranging, timetabling, tidying and then spending what time is left recovering so I have the energy to look after them all when they return home.
So far so good ...... I did a bit of rescuing ~ which is my way in life ~ (my partner felt ill this morning so I took my daughter to school and then went and did the shopping and then came home and cleaned and tidied) but I have also finished working on the image for this blog, downloaded the necessary progs. and uploaded the image onto to blog as well as typing this and uploading it. I almost feel smug !! All I have to do now is try to finish playing with this new toy and go and have a sleep so I have enough energy to go and collect my daughter, make her tea and take her to Rainbows ....how did I ever find time to do all that stuff when I was also ayt work before I became ill ??? ............maybe that's what I helped to make me ill.
I had promised myself that I wouldn't mention the CFS on this blog and here it is creeping and seeping in already. I guess I just have to accept the fact that it's so much a part of my life that it has to come in somewhere. It's like a giant cuckoo that waggles its great big bum and makes itself comfortable wherever I take the dog basket of my life --- you know how dogs do that circle before they settle and then when they settle down they sort of nestle in with th'ole backside ...well that's CFS: an unwanted visitor, a flatulent uncle who stays too long, an over chatty auntie who won't SHUT UP . Ho Hum ...maybe if I don't look out the corner of my eye the CFS beast won't realise I realise it's there and I can pretend that life can go on as it does for other people. Whatever happens I won't let it become my life and I won't become a walking label either.
Rant over: time for my own nest where I can snuggle in and get down with the sleep sprites. I hope I get a chance to add some more tomorrow....................
No comments:
Post a Comment