Today it will be one year since my Mother died: a sweet woman who was always so kind and gentle and spent her life trying to help people. Like me she was an only child. Unlike me I think she always lamented the fact and longed for the supposed closeness of siblings.
My mum suffered from cancer and in her last weeks she really suffered and was incredibly stoic, continuing to get on with life as best she could. Her funeral party (it was a party) was full of daffodils and catkins and pussy willow (her favourite flowers) and friends.
I thank my mum for providing such a good role model and bringing me up with such kindness and sensitivity. I don’t know what happens after death, but I hope mum was right and she and my father are reunited in some way ~ as much in love as they were in this life.
No comments:
Post a Comment