Well, for all those poor souls who must suffer a gluten or wheat free diet, here's something that might hit the spot. If you've got CFS like me or some other dread disease you must know that this recipe comes with some health warnings i.e. it won't do you good healthwise, it won't cure your condition, BUT it will make you happy for a while and feel that you're eating ordinary and naughty stuff like 'normal people' and if you feel a bit yuck afterwards, well, just think of the pleasure you had while you scoffed them.
Actually although they have a load of sugar, the walnuts might do you some good and chocolate is a known aphrodsiac (if you have the energy for post prandial activity !!)
100g butter (or dairy free marg)
75g cooking chocolate
100g gluten free flour
3 eggs
100g chopped walnuts
200g sugar
1 tsp baking powder
Melt the butter and choc together.
Mix the flour, baking powder, sugar and nuts in a separate bowls
Beat in the eggs and follow that with the butter/choc mixture
Pour into a 6"x8" oiled and lined tin
Bake for 30 mins at 180 C, 350 F, Gas 4
Bake for 30 mins at 180 C, 350 F, Gas 4
Right ---done my bit for personkind now.......................................
1 comment:
I'm going to try these, but not with gluten-free as I don't have any in. So far as I know I'm not gluten sensitive, but might get hubby to get "cake flour" in, as I think that's lower gluten though not gluten free. Hmmm, we'll prob just go with what we've got! ;-) Thanks for the recipe.
Post a Comment