Friday, June 08, 2007

I'll see you in my dreams.......maybe


Poor Signs has an attack of shingles --- as if she doesn't have enough to put up with at the moment. She's bearing up well though and keeping her sense of humour which is admirable since shingles can make you feel horrid. I should know because I've had it too and it's not nice.

What is also admirable is that she has continued to read her usual blogs and that includes this one where she viewed the last post of the Sgt. Pepper video: gave her strange dreams which combined the Blue Meanies with all sorts of other flotsam and jetsam in her memory ocean.

I have to say that my dreams are always like that and always have been: a mish mash of bits of my own reality all reassembled into a new dream world with no acknowledgement of actual space and time. I also always dream in colour and have three dreams which I have never forgotten --- one because it recurred and recurred when I was about 3 until I was about 6 and two others which were one-offs in my teenage years but which really shaped how I look at some things in the world.

Not once have I dreamt I was flying, having tea with the Queen (though I once made an installation about that subject), forgotten all known facts as I walked into an exam or run for a train just realizing that I am naked. Does that make me boring or odd ? My children often tell me I am odd so I must conclude that it is the latter. Mind you I often tell them they are little gargoyles and they never believe me so maybe I shouldn't believe them.

I'm off for my midday nap now. I'll let you know if I have any good dreams

4 comments:

Reading the Signs said...

What - never? Blimey, I've had more exam and unexpectedly naked dreams than I care to number. Count yourself luck, Cusp. Actually the naked ones were just plain embarassing, the exam ones are worse. I still get them: five minutes to go and I suddenly realise I've been studying the wrong syllabus all along and that the rest of my life is in the balance. See, you've got me going now, Cusp. I must be getting better, even though it doesn't feel like it yet.

Cusp said...

Nope, hand on heart, not once. Glad the post revved your engine a bit though. :-)

singinghawk said...

Hello Cusp...

My sympathy to Signs...it is awful to have shingles I'm sure.

Love this post about dreams, of course! That is too bad you've never flown in your dreams, Cusp! It is quite fun! The naked ones...you haven't missed much, maybe a little embarassment!

I am interested in the recurring dream that you had as a young child and also the dream that shaped your life in some way. I've always found dreams very important...like messengers from a secret world. I also was plaqued by a particular nightmare as a child, all the way up to adulthood. It's final conclusion was revelatory.

Sweet dreams to you, Cusp.

Cusp said...

Ah,dear Ana, good to see you back. Don't worry about not dropping by for a while. I know you have a lot of fans and have to keep up with a lot of people.

Dreams are funny things. The one I had as a child featured, amongst other things, some frightening big machinery and even now, at nearly 51, I still have the most peculiar fear (nearly phobia) of being near very big machines --- even getting on a ship freaks me out. Once I'm on it I'm fine but being alongside is horrible.

Over the years I have developed a feeling that this may be related to some past life experience since it seems to be so ingrained and integral to my psyche.

Love to you --- and may all your dreams be happy ones