Been another busy few days with me trying to keep up: finishing another project and helping at a Fete.
Last night I stayed up too late and watched The Who at Glastonbury. I'm always hesitant to watch older bands like this because I fear now that they are increasing in years their powers will have diminished. I should not have been so sceptical in this case. The energy and passion is still there and they were fantastic.
Even though I was only 9 or 10 when this came out, I still identified with the lyrics and loved The Who.
You gotta hand it to them --- they've still got it and thank God two of them haven't 'died before they get old'. Fab ! Gear !
Monday, June 25, 2007
The Who - My Generation (Marquee Club 1967)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Groovy!!
One of my first singles i owned was by the Who... Pictures of Lily, the other two were the Stones and Billy J Kramer and the Dakotas, given to me by my godfather on my 10th birthday.
px
I longed to be a Mod when I was 10: Lambretta, tiger tail on the aerial etc etc.
Interested in what's been going on at your blog. I'll be over soon.
One of my favourites is Can't Explain. The first proper song that I learned on guitar.
I love almost everything THe Who did in the 60s & 70s.
Post a Comment