Two posts today!
Happy Birthday Sgt. Pepper: 40 years ago today.
I have loved this since it came out when I was 10. At school it became really cool to like it again in the 70s and now 'Yellow Submarine' is my daughter's favourite film.
It's really evocative to me of a child's view of the Summer of Love. Even at 10, I had flowery clothes, a little leather pouch purse round my neck and insisted on walking round barefoot. It was a magical time for me before the responsibilities of adulthood hit home.
11 comments:
Yes, it's a great album. I think Revolver is probably my favourite Beatles album, though.
Did you see the programme on telly the other night where other acts re-recorded the songs from Pepper?
I love this - and may even not have seen it since going to the cinema to see the film when it first came out. It burned into my psyche though, I remember every detail.
I love the artwork too. There's a really interesting book about the creation of the film and the chaos of producing it with many changes and employing art school students to keep the costs down. Apparently THe Beatles had virtually nothing to do with it ---other than turning up at the premiere.
Hi again Digi. I love Revolver too -- actually I love a lot of Beatles stuff -- probably becasue I associate it with happy childhood memories. Didn't see the TV prog. but heard some of the stuff on the radio. The Kaiser Chiefs did a pretty good cover
nice work
I like it
thank you and have a nice day
:))
hey, Cusp, this came into a dream I had this afternoon (see latest post) :)
Kaiser Chiefs did a really good version of It's Getting Better.
I was tidying up my kitchen the other week with my iPod on, and Revolution 9 from the White Album played. Talk about a surreal experience ;-)
I love this! And always have! I remember seeing this on TV back in the 70's...probably a repeat at the time, but as a kid I really enjoyed this animation. Even today, it's quite enjoyable...and of course, The Beatles rule!
40 years old, the same as me.
Doesn't time fly :-(
Hi Philip. Welcome.
I have had a little lurk on your blog and I'll pop along again soon.
40 years eh ? 50 for me: time flies when you're enjoying yourself !
Thanks for writing this.
Post a Comment